You can see the final result here -->[link]
recipe courtesy my sister. the 10 year old one.
sorry if it's a little hard to understand >< i tried to make it as...understandable...as i can!
Oh yeah, and i know the picture has somewhat of a tacky look hehe, my whole kitchen is basically orange and black >< Cheese Covered Garlic Bread
Cheese Covered Garlic Bread is merely what the title says: garlic bread with a slice of cheese on top.
You can find all of the ingredients at your local grocery store; we found all our ingredients at Walmart. ^^
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutesIngredients
1 loaf of Italian bread
1 block of Asiago cheese (Or a cheese of your choice. Parmesan is also something to consider.)
1 clove of garlic Tools
peeler (usually used for peeling skins off vegetables)
baking sheet (needs to fit half a loaf of bread)
large serving plate
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or about 204 degrees Celsius).Steps (according to pictures above)
1) On the cutting board, cut the loaf of bread in half hot-dog style (the long way) with the bread knife. Slice it into 9 equal pieces.
2) Place the slices of bread on the baking sheet (which should have foil over it) and drizzle olive oil over all the slices.
3) Place the bread in the oven and bake for ten minutes (or until golden brown).
4) While waiting for the bread to bake, separate a piece of garlic from the clove and cut it in half with the paring knife.
5) With the peeler, peel slices of the cheese by running the peeler down the side of the block. Break the slices in half. Peel your desired amount. (Remember, the cheese is going on top of the bread, so be sure not to peel too little or too much!)
6) Place the slices of cheese in the middle of the serving plate.
7) When the bread has finished baking, take it out of the oven and wait for it to cool (about 5 minutes). After it has finished cooling, rub the piece of garlic on all the slices of bread. Do not rub the garlic on the crusts.
8) Place the slices of bread around the cheese on the serving plate.
9) Top a slice of garlic bread with a slice of cheese on top. Enjoy!!!